1-Day In-Person Workshop focuses on in-depth, evidence-based tennis-specific movement training research provided in a practical manner which builds knowledge and skills when working with tennis athletes of all ages and levels.
February 23, 2020
Mittelpunkt Sportcenter Edmund-Seng-Strasse, 63477 Maintal Germany
Tennis coaches, strength & conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, personal trainers, physical therapists, medical doctors, chiropractors, healthcare providers, parents or other specialists working with tennis players
- 08.30-09.00: Registration
- 09.00-10.30: Physiological and Neuromuscular Fundamentals of Movement Mechanics (T)
- 10.30-10.45: BREAK
- 10.45-12.30: Tennis – Specific Dynamic Warm Up (T/P)
- 12.30-13.30: LUNCH
- 13.30-15.00: On-Court Movement Drills (P)
- 15.00-15.15: BREAK
- 15.15-16.45: On-Court Movement Drills (P)
- 16.45-17.00: Conclusion + questions and answers
- T = Theoretical part
- P = Practical part
1. To provide an overview of the major movement patterns in tennis and how to effectively train specifically to improve these movement patterns
2. To provide a tennis specific warm-up routine to help improve speed, agility and overall movement for training and competition
3. To provide effective tennis-specific drills to improve reaction
4. To provide effective tennis-specific drills to improve first-step quickness
5. To provide effective tennis-specific drills to improve split-step quickness
6. To provide effective tennis-specific drills to improve agility and deceleration
Dr. Dario Novak is an assistant professor at the University of Zagreb and a research associate at Institute for Anthropological Research, Croatia. He received his Ph.D. in sports science from University of Zagreb in 2010. He is a postdoctoral fellow of Columbia University, New York and Harvard University, Boston. Doctor Novak’s research interests lie in integrated and holistic approaches in the field of health & performance in tennis. An editor of one book and author of over 200 publications in scientific and sports journals, Doctor Novak has offered several keynote and invited presentations, and over 50 conference paper presentations. He has received both the FIEP Europe Thulin Award 2011 from the International Federation of Physical Education (FIEP Europe) and International FIEP Cross of Honor Award from the International Federation of Physical Education (FIEP World). In 2017 was recognized by the FIEP Mexico at Mexico City where he has received the Medalla Prof. Adolfo Pérez Acosta as an outstanding scholar for his contributions to educational research. In addition, he was the recipient of the 2015, 2016 and 2017 University of Zagreb, Faculty of Kinesiology, Best Young Scientists Award. In 2019 he received the Ambassador of Physical Education Award for human health and performance promotion. He was part of Christina McHale's coaching team (best ranking #24 in the world WTA) and also part of Donna Vekic's coaching team (best ranking #21 in the world WTA). Now he is part of Marta Kostyuk's coaching team (#2 in the world in ITF Juniors & 2017 Australian Open girls’ singles championships) and Zhizhen Zhang (Chinese Davis Cup player and the best ranked Chinese player). In the past Dr. Novak has also worked with Borna Coric (#1 in the world in ITF Juniors) and Ivana Jorovic (#1 in the world in ITF Juniors) among many others. He worked as a consultant with a number of teams and organizations including Bosnia & Herzegovina national basketball team.
The registration fee not only entitles you to attend all of the presentations, but also includes all the workshop materials.
IBAN: HR6723600001102658789, Zagrebačka banka d.d.
Reference number 01, note: Frankfurt – Coaches Conference.
To secure your place, select the package NOW! We look forward to seeing you in Germany soon!